Monday, July 14, 2008

Catching up.....

It's been such a long time since my last post and I wanted to post a few pictures of our Summer so far.... I don't have pictures of Matthew's 5th Grade graduation, as I didn't realize my battery was dying so I am waiting for pictures from our neighbors.... He is playing basketball and doing awesome!!! His team has 5 wins and 1 loss.... It's so exciting to watch him play!! He has a cool new haircut you' see in his picture with Grandma. Dan is working hard and finally off training!! WooHoo! I'm here finding every and any second I can be swimming in our pool! Uncle Albert is back in California, getting ready to go back to work. He looks Awesome!!! His first day back we ate, ate , and ate and while him gaining 2.5 pounds was great for him... I'll be needing a new pair of work pants if this continues!!!!! :)


Here is Matthew recieveing a Student of the Month Award in June....

This is silly Brooke showing Dan what she had in her mouth!!



Matthew being bugged by the paparazzi!


Cousin Tommy graduating from Walnut High!!


Brooke loves her Uncle Dan!


Brooke sitting in Uncle Dan's old rocking chair!! Isn't it cool!?!?!?!



The whole family at Tommy's graduation...


Dan and I being silly....


Congratulating the Graduate!


The Roach Family....


Dan and Grandma this past weekend for my aunt Gloria's 50th!



Grandpa and Matthew... like his new haircut?????


Matthew and Brianna.....


Grandma and Grandpa...


Pool Fun....


As the Summer goes on, we find ourselves at a loss for words with all that we've been able to accomplish. We are always getting compliments about our home and how much people love to be here. Everyone is always welcome!
In reflecting, we have what we have because we have surrounded ourselves with good positive people all our lives who have influenced us to live the lives we do.... Those who have passed and thought nothing of our meeting probably don't even realize the impact they had or have in our lives today. Make it a point to put forth your best when coming in and out of peoples lives, that's what I tell Matthew.... One day you'll hope you can give back what you are given.....
Hope everyone is having a good Summer!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, my sweet friend who always makes me cry! (I left a comment to you on mine!)Congrats to Matthew on his award! Way to go and LOVE the new, sharp hair cut! What a hunk! =) The graduation pics are fun. Memories! Love the family shot! Little Brooky is so cute! Boy, is she loved or what?!!! The pool looks amazing with everyone in it... I can see the excitement in the faces! How fun! These are just the beginning of memories you will be making in your beautiful home! Lots of love...and thank you again for your truely inspiring words on my blog...sista! I too am living a dream!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the pic of you and Mom at the bottom! It's beautiful! You are both glowing... it was such a beautiful day! I want to go back and do it again...

*Shelli* said...

Looks like a fun/busy summer you all are having! I'm sure it's nice to have a pool that everyone can come to and hang out at your home!

Tiffani said...

You are an inspiration.....thank you for your words and your example! You ar beautiful inside and out! Matthew is so lucky to have you as his mom! The pool is so amazing, I want to come and swim in it!
Love you, Tiff