Friday, August 8, 2008

One year ago ...

They say time flies when you are having fun.... the past 8 years have been wonderful, filled with so many memories and good times that I'd have to say they are a blur to make that true. But I'd like to think I've held on to each and every single moment with love, excitement, gratitude and treasure each of my memories with you like a precious stone... You truly are my better half. You makes me laugh, smile and I can't wait to get home to you each and everyday. I respect you, I trust you and love you with all my heart. I've loved the life you've shown me and the life we continue to build.... It touched my heart this weekend when you told me (as we listened to Glory Days by Bruce Springsteen...) that you have always lived your life in "The Glory Days.." and you haven't stopped! It makes me feel good that you haven't stopped loving life and continue to dream alongside me... the luckiest girl in the world!!
Sooo..... this weekend as we celebrate our one year wedding anniversary, I look forward to many, many more together. I loved our wedding and I love you... It was a perfect day and I wish we could do it all over again. It was the happiest day of my life and I look forward to going back this weekend and re-living the glorious event in "Our town..." ;)




Remembering My Promise to you.....
Just when I thought that believing in fairytales was something I had to let go of, you walked in my door... You have not only brought back the little girl in me but you filled the hole in my heart... With you, I am a stronger woman, a better mother and the happiest I have ever been...
Dan, you are my best friend. You understand me better than even I do at times. No one can unscramble my words better than you!! ;)
There is not a day that goes by that I don’t know you are everything I need. And at this moment, I know all my prayers have been answered, and my dreams just beginning to come true. I thank God for you.
From this day forward, you will not walk alone. My heart will be your shelter and my arms will be your home.
I love you enough to fight for you, compromise and sacrifice for you, enough to miss you incredibly when we are apart, enough to believe in our relationship to stand by it through the worst of times, to have faith in our strengths as a couple and to never give up on us.
The pureness of your heart was the softest place for my soul to rest. You place value in all the places that matter most. You encourage and inspire me to be the woman I am today.
Dan I want to spend eternity by your side, let me be the rock which you rest...
I will always be here to lend you the strength for all your dreams,
I promise to always know how to make you laugh!
To pick you up when you are down,
To smile and say “Welcome Home Daddy...”
I promise to be honest and open and to cherish each and every day as your confidant, your partner, and your friend...
I promise to always kiss you goodnight....
I will love you forever and never leave your side, I will walk beside you and never lose sight of the love we have built together, these are my promises and vows yesterday, today, tomorrow and forever....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful... the words, the picture, the promises! Have a wonderful weekend away to "your town" while remembering your wedding day and pondering your future together... I love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Very nice! Sounds like you have a great marriage & friendship. It goes by fast, doesn't it? We're coming up on 5 years next month!

Tiffani said...

What a wonderful relationship you have! It such a beautiful thing to be so in LOVE!