Thursday, May 22, 2008

Growing up in the Mid-West...


Dan tells so many vivid tales of him growing up in Iowa... He paints a fantastic, fun picture of a good wholesome upbringing. Anyone that listens to his stories of Iowa walk away not only with a clear picture of him running around all hours of the day with nothing but a pair of shorts, but also with a longing to have been there or at least visit all the old stomping grounds. .....


Mom sent some pictures of the house Dan grew up in in Alton, I think it's so cool that there are pictures of all the years...
Matthew would give away his most prized possesion to be able to do the things Dan has told him about!!
Dan misses Alton and the Good ol' Days, I'm so glad none of those Alton girls were able to steal his heart before me!!! :)

3 comments:

Julie said...

So Cool! Brings back LOTS of memories just seeing the house! Kind of cool to see the growing gardens around the house from pic to pic also!

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Sweet Suzie! Thanks for all your endearing post you have left on my blog. They have meant so much to me! I am grateful you and Heidi are still friends, ever since you were tiny little girls! It is a true blue friendship. I love the pictures of Dan's house and how it changed over the years. So sorry about your pool!!! I know what it can be like dealing with contractors! I feel your pain! You will have your pool! Hugs, Maryjane

Anonymous said...

How neat! I love your story telling and the pics are so cool! Dan sounds like he had a blast childhood running amuck barefoot! =) I'm glad no girls snatched him up toobecause then I wouldn't know Dan the Man!
brrringggg...telephone rings...shhh...whisper... "hi"...It's me heidi"...shhh....whisper..."is suzie there?"..."thanks"...! Dan, "Suzie, (whisper) It's Heidi. LOL!