Sunday, May 25, 2008

Taking a trip down Memory Lane...



I just finished looking through an old backpack of mine that had old pictures like this one Dan took while on vacation in Alaska... It also had tons and tons of letters, cards, receipts, newspaper clippings, and brochures from the first couple of years of Dan and I together... I had to call him to read him a few of the letters and walk him down memory lane with me... He always tells me "I loved you so much, it hurt my heart..." there was a song out by Sting around the time we first met, and because we were both trying to be careful with our lives and hearts that we tried very hard to keep our distance as much as possible and take things slow, (which turned out to be impossible) we knew we had a long road ahead of us but we both were willing to go through the rain together... Here are the words to the song, which still "Hurts my heart..."
I dream of rain
I dream of gardens in the desert sand
I wake in pain
I dream of love as time runs through my hand
I dream of fire
Those dreams are tied to a horse that will never tire
And in the flames
Her shadows play in the shape of a man's desire
This desert rose
Each of her veils, a secret promise
This desert flower
No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this
And as she turns
This way she moves in the logic of all my dreams
This fire burns
I realize that nothing's as it seems
I dream of rain
I lift my gaze to empty skies above
I close my eyes, this rare perfume
Is the sweet intoxication of her love
Sweet desert rose
This memory of Eden haunts us all
This desert flower, this rare perfume
Is the sweet intoxication of the fall...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! How sweet! You two were meant for each other... I love to hear about your love story. It melts my heart.

Anonymous said...

P.S. LOVE the new pic on top!!!!!!!

Tiffani said...

You do look so happy and so in love! Thanks for inviting me to your blog! I love it!

Kristine said...

Cool...i can't wait to fall in love! I want a lovely garden to shower with love and bloom with happiness.

*Shelli* said...

You guys are too cute!!! You were ment for each other.