
It's Raining outside.... Memorial Weekend, who would have thought???
One of my best childhood memories was coming home from the 2nd grade and my Dad had re-arranged the living room to a theatre for us to watch the rain... The couch was facing the front window, the curtains wide open... He had warm blankets and cool pillows all ready for my brother and I to sit and watch the rain pour down. I can remember this rain was really heavy and the trash cans from the neighbors periodically passed the window, and the gutter could barely hold all the water that came pouring in. The BEST part was as we sat there he brought two bowls of Campbells Chicken Noodle Soup with Saltine crackers!! Yummy!
So today as I opened the shutters to watch the rain fall, I thought of that special memory... Thanks Dad!
P.S. Looked for some Chicken Noodle in my pantry.. =( We are out!
Friday, May 23, 2008
Chicken Noodle Soup and the Rain...
Posted by Suzie at 10:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Ahhh, Suzie! I love that memory! Make me cry why don't you! What a thoughtful Dad! I just love your pic with him. Adorable! I loved looking at the street, our neighborhood! =) Happy Rain! I have some chicken noodle soup...come on over!
Post a Comment