Monday, May 5, 2008

I miss you...


My husband is everything to me... He is my rock, my best friend, my hero, my dreams come true, my sunshine, my warmth, and he is the person I had been looking for all my life. I don't see much of him lately, his training calls for long hours away from us. I miss him every second he's away, and wait vigilantly with my phone for the "BEEP" that always has a loving message from him. Whether it be a "Good Night" or an "I Love you" my heart skips a beat and I smile "He never forgets."
Tonight as I rest my head in our bed, I will fall asleep thinking of another silly story of us, or maybe a quiet memory of a night in Cambria, or it's always fun to recall our long talks up on the parking structure at work (what did we talk about till 2am!?!?!) Everything! It was in those nights that I fell deeper and deeper in love with you. I will never forget the way it felt to walk down the aisle to be your wife. You still give me butterflies that remind me how much I am in love with you...
Before you know it I will drift off to sleep until that welcomed "BEEP" that warms my heart and sends me back into dreamland...
He is the city's hero in the night, always looking to make it a safer place to be, even just for 10 hours (sometime 20!!). I can't put into words what I feel for Dan, I just know that I am the luckiest girl in the world. Matthew and I are so thankful everyday just to be his son and wife... We love you Daddy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...I LOVE this! Your safety is always in our thoughts prayers Dan. You guys are amazing together!

Julie said...

You brought tears to my eyes. Dan was and always will be like my big brother, not just my cousin. I also pray for his safety often!
Take Care! Miss and Love Ya!
"Pete"

*Shelli* said...

Suzie you are way too cute! Your hubby is wonderful to do what he does for your family and us!!! Thanks for checking us out. :)