Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Pool Update:

Well... EVERYONE, (including us) has the same question:
When is the Pool gonna be done? And while I wish I had some good news, I don't. The whole delay boils down to our contractor DID NOT have a clear picture of what Dan envisioned for the pool. He wanted a ledge out over the spa that created a waterfall with a place underneath for the kids to sit or stand under to have the water cascade over them. Well, the spa ledge was built too close to the water level so instead of having to raise the spa after all the plumbing had been set, THEY chose to build us a Grotto. A Grotto that was never in the plans and the city did not approve. So for weeks Greg has promised that it was all going to be resolved and that he had it "under control" and apparently he did not. After many attempts to "politely" request any update possible, it has come down to this conversation below:

P.S. Being that Greg told Dan "You scare me" I have been doing most of the communicating in order to not intimidate this grown man... A lot of good that has done right?

Greg (Pool contractor) said:

I will be tearing the grotto down ASAP. It wont fly. Just very disappointed as to what went on in the field. Guess I just did not get what you wanted at the contract table. That is a rare situation. Whatever it takes at this point will be done. I am totally burnt out with this. Thanks Greg
Dan responded:
We are also disappointed in what has taken place. The grotto will be torn down and rebuilt? Is that the plan? We were very happy with the look and design of the grotto, just not the color as of yet. What are we looking at as far as a time table?
Greg responds:
We need to meet. That’s all I will say at this point. Thanks Greg
I say:
Greg,

To say that I am disappointed would be a HUGE understatement... And while telling you isn't going to make the situation any better, I felt I had to at least share my feelings as a consumer. If you are burnt out by it all can you imagine us??? We, or at least I feel completely powerless. Regardless of the misunderstanding, it is what it is and what needs to be done now is to get on this like you said, ASAP. With that said, I am requesting we meet tomorrow, and not put this off any longer than we already have. Whatever else is scheduled is not important, as we should have the priority now since it has been so long. Please don't let this week slip away and nothing get done, all it does is delay the project even longer and fuel the frustration fire. I know Dan e-mailed you already, but I just feel that we have not got the service we deserve for the amount of money we've have paid. Please Greg, I've been as patient as I can, tolerating the non-returned calls, and the no-shows, and all I ask is that we get this back on track with the drive and attention it received at the start. Please respond with a time for tomorrow.
Suzie


So... I am so sad. =( The excitement and anticipation has been so intense I can't explain it! It is my childhood dream to have a pool of my own and this just breaks my heart... I know things could be much worse, but for this moment I am engulfed in self pity. =( Poor me. Anyway, just wanted to share my afternoon... Someday we will have our swimming pool...someday.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suzie that is just crazy! I feel so bad you are going through this! That was a nice letter you wrote. Has he responded YET? Bottom line is they gotta get it right and START to be more proffessional with this. This is thier job and they need to make you (the money people!) HAPPY! Good Luck. I feel yucky now, I feel for you!